March 1, 2020: We join with everyone in our concern with the Covid-19 Coronavirus outbreak and any potential effect it may have on the 2020 Expo should the outbreak continue in to the summer months.
The information and predictions on the lifespan, spread and treatment of this virus, as well as the results of containment efforts are continuously changing and our first commitment it to insure the health and safety of our exhibitors and attendees. As such, we will continually monitor the situation as it develops and we are actively monitoring the outbreak via reputable channels including local and national authorities, public health information outlets, the CDC and the WHO with regard to any effect it may have on Christmas Expo in July.
At this time, Christmas Expo remains scheduled for July 16-18, 2020 with pre-show workshops July 13-15, 2020.
We understand though that there may be concerns about registering as an attendee or vendor for Christmas Expo and what may happen if Expo would need to be cancelled due to the Coronavirus outbreak. Please note the following:
- Attendee Registrations: If an official Public Health Emergency is declared by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services at the time of Christmas Expo, we will refund in full any Expo attendee and/or workshop registration fees that have been paid in advance to ProShow/Christmas Expo. Alternatively, at the full choice of the attendee, we can apply the registration fees to the next Expo.
- Vendor Registrations: If an official Public Health Emergency is declared by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services at the time of Christmas Expo, we will refund in full any Expo vendor registration booth deposit or payment made to ProShow/Christmas Expo that have been paid in advance. Alternatively, at the full choice of the vendor, we can apply the vendor fee towards the next Expo.
- Hotel Reservations: We have confirmed with The Tuscany Suites, Las Vegas that full refunds will be issued on individual attendee’s hotel reservations that are cancelled up to seventy-two (72) hours prior to scheduled arrival date.
As a general practice, we urge everyone in our decorating family and beyond to adopt protective practices against this and other viruses — including the flu — in their daily lives as we continue to monitor this situation over the next few months. We offer the following sources for information:
- Follow guidelines and protocols suggested by the WHO at www.who.int, as well as local/national public health authorities who are working to contain further spread of the virus.
- Learn more about prevention information on the CDC website at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
We pray that each of you stays safe and healthy and we hope this virus is eradicated soon and we are able to see everyone in July.
Joyce and Janice
*Please watch this page for updates