These cookies were featured in our “Straight from Mrs. Claus’ Recipe Box” class
Pecan Pie Cookies have a thin flaky crust with a layer of the amazing, nutty, caramel-y pecan pie filling we love so much! These are the perfect cookies for any occasion.
- 1 prepared single pie crust (homemade or purchased)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup pecans chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- OPTIONAL: 1/4 cup semi sweet or milk chocolate chip for decorating
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine butter, pecans, brown sugar, corn syrup, salt and eggs. While constantly stirring, cook on the stove-top over medium-low heat just until thickened. (You don’t want it dry, just slightly thickened, about the consistency of pudding). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Unroll dough and using a 3″ cookie cutter, cut out circles. Gently fold about 1/8-1/4″ up on the edges.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of the pecan mixture into each circle.
- Place on a parchment lined pan (it’s important to line it) and bake 8 minutes or until filling is just set. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack.
- OPTIONAL: Place chocolate chips in a small Ziploc bag. Microwave about 15 seconds or until mostly melted. Snip off a tiny corner of the baggie and drizzle chocolate over the cookies. Cool until set.
Chef Joe Patrick, Eat Cake Productions