Join in these exclusive premium workshops unique to Christmas Expo to learn xLights.
3-Day Pre-Show Workshop
- Introduction to xLights and its story
- Discussion of relevant terminology
- Exploration of every tab and menu in xLights
- Demonstration of their relevance for successful light shows
- Layout and design of a house using xLights
- Best practices and do’s and don’ts of layout design
- Management of models in 2D and 3D
- Creation and testing of a layout with configured controllers
- Preparation of xLights before mapping or creating sequences
- Mapping a sequence to a layout
- Sending an xLights show to controllers and a show player
- Examination of xSchedule and its differences
- Learning best practices for testing lights and show
1-Day Sequencing Workshop
- Exploration of effects and their unique value to a light show
- Management of timings, effects, color options, layer blending, layer settings, value curves, bulk edit, and sequence views
- Singing Faces
- Advanced mapping techniques
xLights developer, Sean Meighan, has endorsed Ron Howard from xTreme Sequences to teach these in-depth workshops at Christmas Expo. Ron is a professional light show sequencer and owner of xTreme Sequences that is internationally recognized for providing over the top, unique light shows for an ever-growing hobby and commercial applications. His consultation and support are second to none. Ron and his family were featured on ABC’s Great Christmas Light Fight Season 7 to share his craft with the world.
As light shows evolve, Ron understands the importance of pushing the boundaries with innovative techniques and the use of high-density and 3D props to elevate light shows. Ron helps new enthusiasts each year navigate the exciting world of xLights. His passion for teaching is infectious with an emphasis in humanizing technology.